“I started my career fascinated by technology and how that could revolutionise business. I then became fascinated to explore why so many projects failed! The crucial “missing” was often the people. So I started to reconsider what was needed for success and herein began my journey of self-development for the sake of enabling me to work with people’s passions and enable them to be all that they could be.”
Tim is a very experienced coach, consultant and facilitator, who enables individuals, teams and organisations to be the best that they can be in pursuit of their objectives and dreams. He combines his diverse and extended organisational and consulting experience with his passion to develop others and help them to bring fulfillment to their purpose. The majority of his work is in facilitation of senior teams and executive coaching.
He is passionate about Shakespeare and more generally, bringing poetry and story into organisational life.
Specialties & Passions
- Coach individuals and teams, in particular senior executives
- Facilitate workshops that tackle client issues and build alignment around strategy and implementable solutions
- Design and deliver leadership development events for senior leaders
- Embed deep and lasting change, on a personal, team and organisational level
- Work with individuals and groups to (re)connect them with what they truly care about
- 22+ years in consulting ranging from some of the biggest (e.g. PwC) to specialist niche consultancies as well as running his own consulting company.
- Delivered several multi-million pound projects building extensive experience in:
- Designing & delivering leadership development programmes
- Coaching, much of it at senior levels
- Working across sectors, industries and different organisational contexts large and small
- BA in English Literature and Language
- Diploma in Change Agent Skills and Strategies (Surrey University)
- Accredited in Barry Oshry’s Systems & Power Organisational Workshop and Barrett’s Value Assessment
- Trained in a variety of development approaches including:
- Ontological Coaching (Newfield)
- Gestalt and Transactional Analysis
- Edgar Schein’s Process Consultation approach
- Somatic work (Strozzi Institute)
Recent Posts by Tim Stanyon
Creating Impactful Virtual Programs
What does it take to create impactful virtual programs? We have all become very familiar with on-line meetings in recent […]
Are you exercising leadership or trying to retain control and power?
Looking at how the UK Government has “led” in the Covid-19 crisis got me reflecting. Are they exercising effective leadership […]
5 Business Partner strategies to deal with competing agendas
Are you a Business Partner feeling ‘stuck in the middle’? Here are five Business Partner strategies to use “Clowns to […]