“You have changed my life and transformed my business. Our recovery and strong growth is in no small measure due to the leadership development and cultural change.”
KPMG LLP Corporate Finance
IMPACT TO WIN
In 2004, KPMG decided they needed to develop a tougher, more impactful type of investment banker to compete in the international corporate finance arena.
Future Considerations were asked to create an executive leadership training programme to develop personal impact in KPMG’s corporate financiers. The desired personal aims for the participants were:
- build strong positive impact
- have presence
- communicate authentically and influentially
- build trust and relationships with others.
The programme had direct links to individual and organisational business results, such as concrete improvements in financial results and client penetration by participants.
- 14-month long programme, including experiential, residential, individual, team and workplace learning
- Cohorts of 12-18 Partners and Directors at a time
- Learning modules included personal accountability, authenticity & integrity, managing performance, having difficult conversations, inspiring clients & staff, building & restoring trust, creating & driving a vision, integrated selling, developing a leadership brand.
DELIVERY & OUTCOMES
- First cohorts completed in 2005
- Additional waves and annual refresher events through to 2010
- Future Considerations trained 3 people at KPMG to deliver aspects of the programme