“I started my working life in large organisations and appreciated the intelligence, complexity and creativity I found around me. However, after a number of years I began to feel that the full strengths and potential of many of the members of these systems – including my own – were not being used. I reconsidered what I could offer others and myself through my work, and embarked on a lifetime’s journey to deepen my capacity in hosting trans-formative change that can benefit us individually, in our organisations, and in our world.”
Ali brings together an embodied perception and expression drawn from the arts and mindfulness traditions with a capacity to host the evolution of individuals and groups. She works as an arts performer, leadership consultant, graphic facilitator and host of large group events in different contexts.
She uses graphic recording to create high-impact displays and visual harvests of gatherings which can increase aliveness and engagement amongst those involved and their wider potential network. She delivers the systemic leadership work of Barry Oshry, facilitating an experiential programme where participants have the opportunity to practice leadership coming from a wider view of the system.
She also performs and leads workshops in voice-body connection and experimental free improvisation.
Specialties & Passions
- Increasing leaders’ capacity to see and influence the patterns of the wider organisation.
- Creating powerful experiential learning programmes.
- Using the power of graphic communication to deepen learning.
- Teaching mindfulness approaches as a leadership practice within senior executive programmes.
- Exploring the use of voice as a transformative tool for change.
- Delivers systemic leadership programmes across all sectors.
- Works with a diverse range of organisations including Microsoft, Shell, PwC, NHS, skyguide and documenta 14.
- Previously graphic facilitator for senior executive development programmes at Microsoft global HQ.
- Trained in brand management at Procter & Gamble and led communications for behaviour change at The Carbon Trust (a UK government NFP company).
- BA in Combined Social Science (Philosophy, Sociology, Politics) from University of Durham
- Accredited Trainer of Barry Oshry’s Organisation Workshop
- Mindfulness-based Approaches Teaching Level 1
- Professional Practice Certificate in Gestalt Group Process
Recent Posts by Ali Warner
For those familiar with the work of Barry Oshry, the North American systems theorist who has dedicated his life to […]