Laura Davies-Clare is a delight to work with – she has an exceptional ability to truly listen and understand her client’s needs, whilst also being constructively challenging. She has a commercial focus and I have always found her to go above and beyond in her work, demonstrating a real commitment to the value she delivers.
Global Head of Talent,
Laura Davies-Clare is an experienced organisational change consultant, procurement and supply chain specialist and Director of Future Considerations. She has over 15 years of experience of delivering new ways of working. The systemic thinking Laura practices is about helping people and organisations understand where they do things well and extrapolate that, and conversely, to overcome where they are failing.
The ambition and purpose in Laura’s work is to enable people and their organisations to be adaptable to an increasingly challenging and dynamic environment, without experiencing the pain that is commonplace with conventional change programmes. Laura has achieved sustained change in the Defence, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMGC), and healthcare sectors. Whilst working for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Laura led the design and delivery of an organisation-wide continuous improvement methodology, including the facilitation of large groups of people, and coaching of teams and individuals.
By enabling organisations to identify patterns, alter structures and fill skills gaps, she helps create the conditions for innovation; enabling people to challenge assumptions and test underlying beliefs and behaviours. With a pragmatic and commercial perspective, Laura creates the bridge between delivering against a specific change need, and creating a sustainable change capability within an organisation.
“My early career focused on process improvement and quality management. Whilst I could see the benefits of these practices, I discovered that ultimately they created voids in organisations – empowering some and leaving others feeling marginalised. Subsequent work has allowed me to meet the needs of people within organisational systems at all grades, taking a holistic perspective of people impacts, change and improvement – providing people with the skills & insights they need to be and do differently. My defining moment was realising that it is possible to achieve the balance of meeting the commercial objectives of an organisation, whilst honouring the needs of the individuals it comprises.” – Laura Davies-Clare
Specialties & Passions
- Change Management – uses a range of diagnostic tools to co-create (with organisations) the optimal business change approaches that fit the business context, culture and change need. Change capability/skilling is created in an organisation through the process of delivering real business improvement. Employees are engaged and change is not something separate and different, and in time becomes ‘the way we do things’
- Learning and Development – produces robust analyses of capability and learning needs. Includes baselining of core skills needed to change and ‘get going’, and leadership skills needed at all levels of an organisation
- Change Leadership – works with teams at all levels in organisation, delivering individual and team coaching/mentoring, and the creation of high performing teams (HPT). Expert in the balance of leadership practices people need to effectively lead change
- Operational Performance Improvement – has a thorough knowledge of process management and performance improvement. Helps organisations to determine and measure benefits of operational change, providing strategic oversight to ensure effective delivery of results
- Organisation modelling and new ways of working – has led or been centrally involved in organisational redesigns in central government and management consulting. Expertise in enabling structures; policies, governance, reporting and risk
- Lean – has a deep understanding of Total Quality Management (TQM) approaches, including Lean, Kaizen, Agile, Value Stream Mapping and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Commercial Management – has 10 year’s commercial experience delivering procurements worth £milllions, and latterly advising on projects and partnerships worth £billions
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation: Led the design and delivery of an organisation-wide continuous improvement methodology, including the facilitation of large groups of people, including open space and world café approaches, and coaching of teams and individuals
- Designed, delivered & facilitated a High Impact Team Leadership programme at a leading health care company
- Consultant with Matthew Syed Consulting; delivery of approaches to embed growth mindset and enable innovation to happen in complex and uncertain times
- Chartership in Purchasing and Supply Chain (MCIPS)
- Certificate of Competence, Commercial Practice 1,2 &3 – National School of Government
- Have a deep understanding of Total Quality Management (TQM) approaches, including Lean, Kaizen, Agile, Value Stream Mapping and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Undergraduate degree in Business Studies (Nottingham Business School).