AJ Pape is far and away the most effective coach and group facilitator I have worked with in 20 years of global senior leadership positions.
AJ Pape is a leading international coach and facilitator. His career spans 22 years coaching and training leaders in finance, startups, biotech, software and pharmaceuticals. His clients have eliminated delays in multi-billion dollar plant construction, saved millions of dollars in reduced procurement costs and accelerated reforestation in the Brazilian rainforest. He is regularly sought out by other coaches as a mentor and supervisor and his assignments range from individual coaching for senior executives to heading up teams of coaches delivering large-scale leadership programs.
AJ began facilitating large groups as a student in the 1980’s. Spurred by a passion for social change, he studied in South Asia and the Middle East before entering the business world in 1988.
He has been a Senior Coach & facilitator on programs for more than 1,000 leaders in global banks, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, and government/social sector clients.
“I grew up thinking that large groups never worked. I felt the best conversations and work occurred between two people. Things seemed to get worse as groups got larger. Friends and teachers at Princeton caused me to reconsider that view, unleashing a passion that took me to India, Cairo and the inner cities of New Jersey by the time I turned 21. My entire adult life has been the discovery of how larger groups not only can, but must, excel, if we’re to meet the challenges of our time.” – AJ Pape
Specialties & Passions
- Designing and delivering management/leadership development programmes to develop management capability
- Senior team coaching and facilitation to deliver high value business projects
- Project-based learning design and coaching for groups of 100+ upper middle managers
- 1-1 coaching for high potential fast track talent
- More than 25 years experience either working for or consulting to organisations
- Previous clients include HSBC Bank, Amgen, Pfizer, Mars Foods, and PwC
- BA in Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School of International Affairs at Princeton University
- Certified to train facilitators by Interaction Associates, one of the pioneering organizations who developed the field
- 2 years advanced training in somatic coaching
- Fluent in Portuguese and conversational French