“I have always been fascinated by people; how they work, think and do. I grew up as a scientific rationalist and atheist however a deep intuition training course I attended in my early thirties had a profound effect on me. The strong and undeniable psychic experience that I had during the training was, according to that worldview, impossible. This demanded that I reconsider my whole reality frame in order to build a scientific model which explained how that experience could be real. That experience was also the start of an ongoing never-ending developmental exploration.”
Jon’s career started in information technology where his success as an analyst and applications architect led to his becoming European Systems Director for a market-leading multinational. Subsequently he became a consultant specialising in programme management, leading increasingly to expertise in change, governance, relationship management and the stakeholder journey.
In parallel, Jon is an explorer of the human frontiers, always seeking deeper understanding of individuals (starting with self), organisations, societies and change. Jon’s deep interest in how people think and frame reality led to a passion for values-based personal and collective development, with wide methodological expertise. This blends with inner development and strong intuitive sensing of drives and inhibitors.
Specialties & Passions
- Work with organisations as a facilitator to reveal and remove the blocks to change, flow and harmony arising from differing worldviews, historical systems and structures.
- Internal consultancy to coaches and change teams providing analysis and insight into the design and delivery of interventions, and training programmes.
- Developmental and transformational coaching.
- Trainer and developer in values-based change methodology.
- Writer, publisher and speaker on aspects of consciousness shift, cosmology and futures.
- 20 years in Information Systems development and management culminating as European Information Systems Director for Hasbro.
- 15 years as a consultant and interim manager in major companies including Calor Gas, British Airways, BAA, Vodafone, Centrica and O2.
- Founded Spiral Futures and is a Director of Conscious Capitalism UK Chapter.
- Accomplished author of three non-fiction books and contributor to Kosmos magazine and the Integral Leadership Review.
- MA in Human Sciences, Oxford University
- Certified master practitioner and trainer in Spiral Dynamics integral
- Certified Barrett Values Centre CTT practitioner Part 1
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Accredited coach trainer in SQ21 advanced emotional intelligence
- Blueprint for Better Business trained
- Trained (non-certified) with Marshall Rosenberg in NVC
- Experienced in holistic NLP, Family and Systemic Constellations, plus a variety of alternative healing methodologies
Recent Posts by Jon Freeman
Stupid question maybe? Because change just does? Does it even matter why? OK, I will ask another way. The fundamental basis of Reinventing Organizations and “Teal” is that humanity has progressed through stages of development, or “consciousness”. So why are we not still in Amber/Blue and why might Teal be coming? Because Ken Wilber says […]
While more money is spent on Leadership Development than on any other area of corporate learning: 71% of companies do not feel that their leaders are able to lead their organisations into the future. Only 18% say that their leaders are “very effective” at meeting business goals. Some of the crisis is generational, with 10,000 […]
Dateline June 9th 2017, the morning after the UK election. The results of yesterday’s votes are, for the moment, a minority government led by a terminally damaged Prime Minister. Of course, by the time you are reading this, things will have changed further. I am not about to predict how; I prefer you to see […]